Sunday, December 30, 2012

DIY Infinity Scarf

DIY Infinity Scarf

Infinity scarves are so cute and super trendy right now, but sometimes they can get expensive. When I found the instructions for this DIY I was so excited. I first tried it out with an old school t-shirt (the yellow one) and found the project to  be very fast & easy. Last minute accessory? I think yes! I hope you guys enjoy my first DIY.

Supplies:
✄ an old t-shirt (from around the house, or a thrift shop)
✄ scissors or a rotary cutter & mat

The first step to making your very own infinity scarf is laying an old t-shirt on a flat surface. I did mine on the floor, but I table or desk will work well too. You can use an old school t-shirt, or just one of your dads t-shirts from around the house. You can also try going to thrift shops to get a shirt in a color, or pattern you like. After you make one with a t-shirt, try making one with a thrift shop sweater, or even a shirt made of a different fabric.

The next two steps are still very simple. First, cut off the bottom hem of the shirt, or about one inch up from the bottom edge. Don't worry about cutting a perfect line because when you are wearing it people won't be focused on the details & the edges are supposed to curl for a more relaxed look. Next, cut a straight line across the shirt from armpit to armpit. Or, in my case cut a straight line just below the words or picture, if you shirt has any sort of design.
Now is the fun part! Grab the sides of your scarf and stretch them. Check in between stretches to see how long your scarf is and even try it on to guarantee the desired length.
Open the scarf and loop it around your neck once, or even twice. I hope you enjoyed this DIY. Comment ideas and requests for me to make. Did you make this infinity scarf? Comment below about how it went!

ttyl xox, Penelope 

No comments:

Post a Comment